Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Girls Just Need to Have Fun.

Jen* wrote recently about how incredibly necessary it is to have Girls Nights Out. And there is now scientific evidence to back this up. According to a study by University of Michigan, bonding with girlfriends raises your progesterone level, reducing anxiety and stress. And progesterone is one of the hormones most closely associated with your libido.

One of my favorite parts about writing this blog is that I get to hang out with amazing women and discuss "business." We arrange playdates where we drink diet coke, talk about s-e-x and giggle. And even though I know my children are there, a little part of me feels like I did before I had kids. Like a woman, not a mom.

Now I have scientific proof that I only do it to help my marriage. And $5 martinis are way cheaper than therapy.

3 comments:

  1. I think we need to find more places with cheap-o happy hour menus to do our "work." Maybe every Monday should be Martini Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius! I'll start "researching."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband doesn't know how much work my girlfriends are doing for him...he should be funding the research!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin