Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sexy Movie Thursday

Watching a movie with your husband can be a great way to "get in the mood." But what to watch? The girls and I researched and found a bunch. Since there were so many that we hadn't seen, we decided to review one for you each week. (I didn't want to send you off on the path to great sex with a map of lameness). Our list was compiled after lots of internet research. We wanted sexy, erotic films we could watch with our husband that weren't porn. (If you want porn, it is way easier to find). Recommendations welcome!

Yesterday, after trying for two days to download a movie on my laptop, I finally broke down and went to my local video conglomerate. I walked up and down the aisles looking for films on my list. It was terribly frustrating. The movie would be there, but it wouldn't be the unrated version. So I ended up with very mainstream movies.

Last night I grabbed a glass of bad sparkling wine and sat down to watch In the Cut. Frannie, (Meg Ryan), a lonely New York english professor, lives in the vicinity of a gruesome murder. Detective Malloy, (Mark Ruffalo), is sent to question possible witnesses. Thus begins Frannie's voyage into the "darker side of passion." Soon she realizes that she knows more than she should and begins to question the motives of all the men in her life.

There were two pretty good sex scenes, slightly more realistic than erotic. And if you enjoy a little Mark Ruffalo, it's a good time. 

The only downside to this film is that there are at least two parts with graphic depictions of crime scenes. Maybe a few degrees worse than an episode of CSI. 

Watchable with husband? 

Yes. Moderately so.

Baldwin Scale

Alec Baldwin in Malice



I also had the opportunity to watch Red Shoe Diaries 15: The Forbidden Zone. Now, I am a suspender of disbelief, truly, but let's just say my disbelief was freed and took off to watch something else.
The DVD was comprised of three short stories that were lame and not at all erotic and very talkie. I found myself trying to write something better. And trying to stay awake. Even with a topless Beverly Johnson, I felt nothing.

Watchable with husband?

NO. Bad sets and bad writing equals mostly laughter in the bedroom.

Baldwin Scale

Stephen Baldwin in Posse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin