Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sexy Movie Thursday

I was so excited to get to watch an Ang Lee movie for this blog. And it's not Brokeback Mountain!

Lust, Caution is set in Japanese occupied China during WWII. A young woman, Wong Chia Chi (Wei Tang) joins the drama club in college and then gets caught up in a plot to kill a traitor, Mr. Yee (Tony Leung). It almost works, but the Yee's move back to Shaghai and it's all over. Four years later, the war still going on, things have gotten worse. The real resistance hires Wong Chia Chi to again befriend the Yee's and force Mr. Yee to a place where he can be assassinated. But can she seduce him without losing her heart?

The sex in the movie begins with severe S&M and then as they slowly fall for each other, it softens up a bit. It's all in sync with their characters and quite explicit. (Ang Lee refused to edit the scenes and release it with an "R" rating). I found the scenes to be more real than most "movie sex" and felt that the sex served a purpose in the movie, it wasn't at all gratuitous.

This movie was gorgeous and sad and incredible. I cannot recommend it enough.


Chinese Number Scale:
88

Watchable with your husband?
Yes. Incredible story about war and love.

2 comments:

  1. Just put this one in my netflix queue. Thanks!

    In the meantime...um...does High School Musical count? Cuz that's what I got for 2night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this, but you sold me. I've been an Ang Lee fan ever since Eat Drink Man Woman.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin